We got together with the family this weekend! We all celebrated Mo’s birthday at the Naeata’s place. It was fabulous to have everyone together again. The sister missionaries were there as well as some new friends the Fords. Sui took some pictures but I (as usual) left our camera at home. So we I’m just going to add some older pictures for reference.
Below is Sui, Mo and Li’i:


Below is Sui, Mo and Li’i:

Randall & Marianne:

Kelly and I got our wheat-grinder on Friday so I was able to make homemade bread for Sunday. Yea! First time ever, I felt very proud. But the dinner Sui made was delicious! (She's a star cook)
We were all having a fun time sitting around after dinner just chatting when Marianne looked over at where Kelly and I were sitting and said “Are you guys ready to start learning the song? We have the Samoan version of the Lords Prayer.”
Randall got up and pulled out some sheet music. We all sing so I thought ‘sure we can play around with a song in Samoan, that could be fun.’ A few minutes into it I realized we weren’t just goofing off or singing a song for fun, we were REALLY learning the song. Then the bombshell hit, Marianne asked if we had already planned when to sing it in our ward as she hadn’t planned out when we would be singing in their ward yet. Wait! What?
“We’re singing this in church?” I asked, stunned. Now remember I just sang at the Ward talent show Friday night, so the idea of singing again was mildly horrifying.
“Ya.” She looked confused for a moment. “Didn’t we tell you?”
“No.”
“OH!” she laughed, “I guess we forgot to ask you guys. We just planned on all of us getting together to sing. Sui and Mo sing this beautiful song together. Randall and I always ask them to sing it for us but they only had this old faded copy that you could barely read. Randall just got a music program so we took it home and put into the computer. We thought it would be fun if we all sang in both our wards.”
More laughter.
“I guess we should actually ask you. Do you want to sing with us in Church?”
By now we were all laughing. The six of us spend a lot of time together so it’s fairly often that we just assume everyone knows everything when actually we’ve only talked to a few people about it (like calling one spouse and assuming that other knew all about our conversation, ya it happens a lot). This time it was just a little bit bigger information than normal. Apparently, Mo & Sui and Randall & Marianne had talked about it and both assumed the other would tell us. Oh well, we all had a good laugh at it. And the look of pure terror that spread across my face. (Marianne was the one holding me together on Friday night's performance when I wanted to have a melt down.) Of course we are happy to learn the song and we’ll be happy to sing with them. I’m just massively relieved that it’s somewhere in the distant future and nothing that I have to worry about right now. So all in all, good times with the family.
Randall got up and pulled out some sheet music. We all sing so I thought ‘sure we can play around with a song in Samoan, that could be fun.’ A few minutes into it I realized we weren’t just goofing off or singing a song for fun, we were REALLY learning the song. Then the bombshell hit, Marianne asked if we had already planned when to sing it in our ward as she hadn’t planned out when we would be singing in their ward yet. Wait! What?
“We’re singing this in church?” I asked, stunned. Now remember I just sang at the Ward talent show Friday night, so the idea of singing again was mildly horrifying.
“Ya.” She looked confused for a moment. “Didn’t we tell you?”
“No.”
“OH!” she laughed, “I guess we forgot to ask you guys. We just planned on all of us getting together to sing. Sui and Mo sing this beautiful song together. Randall and I always ask them to sing it for us but they only had this old faded copy that you could barely read. Randall just got a music program so we took it home and put into the computer. We thought it would be fun if we all sang in both our wards.”
More laughter.
“I guess we should actually ask you. Do you want to sing with us in Church?”
By now we were all laughing. The six of us spend a lot of time together so it’s fairly often that we just assume everyone knows everything when actually we’ve only talked to a few people about it (like calling one spouse and assuming that other knew all about our conversation, ya it happens a lot). This time it was just a little bit bigger information than normal. Apparently, Mo & Sui and Randall & Marianne had talked about it and both assumed the other would tell us. Oh well, we all had a good laugh at it. And the look of pure terror that spread across my face. (Marianne was the one holding me together on Friday night's performance when I wanted to have a melt down.) Of course we are happy to learn the song and we’ll be happy to sing with them. I’m just massively relieved that it’s somewhere in the distant future and nothing that I have to worry about right now. So all in all, good times with the family.
















No comments:
Post a Comment