Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween, So much to catch up on. . .

So I know Halloween has been over for almost two weeks but between our trip and everything else I haven't had time to recap over our holiday. And it was so much fun.

As I left off on our last post, we had a Clue party the Monday before Halloween. It was at our good friends Sui and Mo's place. Traditionally Maryanne and Randall host the Halloween bash but with little Li'i we moved it so that the Naeata's would have to pack everything up.

It was fantastic. Maryanne dressed as Mrs. Peacock and her husband Randall dressed as Wadsworth. Sui dressed up as the cook while Mo was Mr. Green. I went as Mrs. White and Kelly was Professor Plum. The whole thing was a riot. We've made all kinds of plans to spoof up our costumes for next year, but back to this year. We dished up dinner and settled in to watch the inspiration for our dinner CLUE! This included a dessert of popcorn and M&M's. Yummm!!

Afterwards we carves pumpkins. Okay, Kelly actually carved ours but I helped outline the pattern on it. :) Overall, it was a great time with good friends!

Then on that Friday we had out Harry Potter Party!!! I was originally going to go as Professor Trelawney but was unable to pull together the costume in time. So I had to default to Professor McGonagall. Katie and Chris really went all out for this party. We all had assigned food to bring that came straight from the books. When we got there the house was amazing! Katie had set up "The Great Hall" complete with floating candles. No JOKE! They were floating above the tables (okay they were suspended from the ceiling with fishing wire but in the dim lights you couldn't see the wire at all). Next door was the "Three Broomsticks" complete with butterbeer! There was also the Gryffindor Common Room and the Third Story Bathroom with Moaning Myrtle. It was so great! I couldn't believe how much they'd done. Each table had it's own set of Berti Bott's Every Flavor Beans and we got to guess each flavor before we tried it.

Dinner was delicious! The butterbeer was superb (Nice work Katie!!) Afterwards we all went to "Gryffindor Common Room" to play a game of Harry Potter Pictionary. It was tons of fun. We were on a team with the Herways (who have never read the books or seen the movies) so we had to be creative in our drawings but it worked out. Our team managed to win the game and were awarded gold coins! It was so cute and masterfully done. I stand in awe of Katie's creative ability. It was a truly amazing night. (I wish I had pictures but of course I forgot my camera as usual)

Next up. . . Hawaii!!! We just got back but jetlag can be a beast and I don't have the energy to tackle that one yet. Lots of love to all :)

No comments: