We're back from the Festival after picking up some dinner at Big Daddy's (sounds funny but its actually very good food and apparently a very popular bar at night). We had a ton of fun and are now just laying down recovering. But more on the Festival later.
First I'll start with the baby shower. The theme was 'Baby's Bed and Bath' so I attempted to make a bathtub cake. I was really nervous as I have never used, much less made, fondant before. But my co-worker assured me over and over again that it was simple. Bless her heart, she was right. I was so impressed with how easy it was when I made the night before. Then Thursday night when I went to make the cake I was able to assemble the whole thing in just over one hour.

The cake ended up being a hit at the baby shower. I’ve included a couple of pictures of it. The shower was wonderful. It ended up being a nice small party with just a few close friends. It was great to spend more time with Sui, Mo and Li’i which we wouldn’t have been able to do in a larger setting. Marianne, Kris and I had a fabulous time throwing the shower and I think our husbands had a fun time too.
First I'll start with the baby shower. The theme was 'Baby's Bed and Bath' so I attempted to make a bathtub cake. I was really nervous as I have never used, much less made, fondant before. But my co-worker assured me over and over again that it was simple. Bless her heart, she was right. I was so impressed with how easy it was when I made the night before. Then Thursday night when I went to make the cake I was able to assemble the whole thing in just over one hour.
The cake ended up being a hit at the baby shower. I’ve included a couple of pictures of it. The shower was wonderful. It ended up being a nice small party with just a few close friends. It was great to spend more time with Sui, Mo and Li’i which we wouldn’t have been able to do in a larger setting. Marianne, Kris and I had a fabulous time throwing the shower and I think our husbands had a fun time too.
I found a few more FlashForward obsessed friends in Kris and her mother Kristin. I'm ashamed to admit that we even tried to watch part of Thursday night's episode in a side room for a few minutes but Kelly found us and made us stop. He was upset because he and I were supposed to watch it together later that night. Marianne laughingly called it my television infidelity.
The shower really was fun. Sui teared up when she talked about all her friends and family that were there that night and soon there were no dry eyes in the room. It is an amazing and touching thing to watch the Naeata's small family after all the years they had to wait for Li'i to come. It was a very special evening for everyone there :)
We'll write about the festival after we've had a little more time to recover from the day's activities.
















2 comments:
WOW Mikel, that cake is amazing!!! I would never in a million years attempt anything like that even if people told me it was easy.
You're a sweatheart. LOL, I didn't mention that I was freaking out the whole time. Thanks.
Post a Comment